November 1, 2009
A fresh fall
Hey there everyone. It is the first of November and it is a beautiful start. Fresh apple cider with a drizzle of caramel syrup brings a warm feeling just as the smell of fallen leaves and the crisp sound of the same leaves crunching under your feet. It brings back memories of Edward Apple Orchard and jumping in large piles of leaves with my brothers. The digging out of our winter clothes and getting ready for the really chilly weather. Up here in Northern Minnesota that comes sooner than it did in my hometown in Illinois but I don't care. It is still wonderful. I had a few kids at my apartment last night trick 'r treating and I even dressed up sorta for them. I had on cat ears and a spotted shirt with whiskers and a little black nose drawn on my face. It was amusing. Yes even at 26 I still dress up for halloween, mostly it is to answer the door. It is something that has been done in my family for a long time. My mom used to do it when my brothers and I were little but the one that I think of the most for doing it are my mom's parents. Every year they answered the door in costume. And that I lost my grandma on that side a few years ago in October makes it a bittersweet memory for me to honor her by dressing up in costume for the kiddies that come to the door. Anyway I'm getting by at school. And soon will have a roommate. Have to make plans for Thanksgiving since my parents will be gone but something will come to mind I'm sure. Talk to you all later...oh and here are a few photos of me as a pussy cat...not the best photos but still.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment