January 27, 2009
memories with fire
I had an interesting experience today. I went to light a match to light a candle for my mom and after I had struck the match on the box and it took flame the match broke dropping the burning part to the carpet! Luckily I was able to get the match and blow out the flame before too much damage was done. My mom was sitting there watching as it happened and said that she guessed I didn't need Heidi there to help me burn down the house. It was from an incident with one of my best childhood friends and a burning paper plate. If you want the details ask. But I still smile and laugh at how stupid we were to have candles and paper plates so near each other we burnt a mark into the tile of the bathroom floor. This time there is only a few fibers that will need trimmed to get rid of the melted carpet part. But it made me think of how quick a fire could spread. How we are supposed to be on fire for God. We are to spread that fire through our actions catching others on fire for God as well. Now I'm not saying take a match and light someone on fire that would be wrong...I'm saying go out and show others the wonder that is God and light a fire under them so that they are desperate to find what that wonder is and how they can have it for themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love this thought, and the humor involved. But for a side note....really glad the carpet is fine.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom